I live in the library. It's true. I don't even know why I bother having an apartment, but I guess I need a place to store my non-essentials (ie: anything other than my laptop and books). I've been reading cases for the last 5 hours and I can tell that it's time to take a breather because my eyeballs are shaking, I have a headache, and my typing accuracy is hovering around 2%. I suppose blogging counts as that breather. It's been a pretty crazy semester, although I can't believe that finals are only two short weeks away. If you've been wondering what it's like, here's the elevator version...
I came to the conclusion that, having successfully survived the first year of law school without getting kicked out, having to repeat any classes, and basically alive and intact, I needed more of a challenge. I stacked my plate with 5 bar classes, held on to my job, and joined the Moot Court board. I knew after the very first day of school that I was so painfully audacious that it hurts me to even reflect on it. I think the only reason I'm still paddling away on this sinking ship is because I don't think about it. Classes have been insane. Anyone who tells you second year is better is lying through their teeth. It's not better, it's worse. Much much worse. Why is that? One word. Evidence. I thought my dignity had been effectively stripped last year, but I was wrong. Every day in Evidence is an exercise in looking moronic. My favorite line in that class has become "I'm sorry, I didn't hear the question." Maybe I really don't. The other dark abyss of my waking nightmare would be Business Organizations. Not only is the class positively soul sapping, but I sit next to a girl who is infected with tuberculosis and takes every opportunity she gets to cough right on me. Assigned seating: I can't knock it because it's how I met my spouse, but being next to Typhoid Mary has got to be a valid reason for a seat change, right? Sadly no. I find it somewhat disconcerting that I am counting down the days until the end of the semester, but at the same time, I have panic attacks while doing so. I think the only faint glimmer of hope is the fact that I'm halfway finished with law school. Halfway there. Try not to think about the bar.
Work has been an interesting addition to my madness this year, although if nothing else, I must say it has made me much more efficient with my time (right now doesn't count) because I know that if I don't get my reading done during the day, I can forget about having time to do it later because I'll be slaving away at my desk, doing my best to give other bloggers reasons to complain...http://www.oregoncatalyst.com/index.php?/archives/967-Help-Baby-Gabriel.html And moot court. Ahhh moot court. For some odd reason the executive board decided to put me in charge of organizing the first competition of the semester, nevermind the fact that I had absolutely no experience with such competitions and didn't know what the heck I was doing. Someone really dropped the ball there. It sucked up pretty much all of my September, I got to deal with lots of fun hate mail over my obvious inexperince in "running things" and all I can say is I'm glad that's over. Now I just have to worry about actually competing...yeah, I'll put that off until next semester....kind of like I've been putting off my reading about freedom of association...but now it's off to the last class of the day before my last day at work before the great and final push towards my two weeks of weeping, wailing, and gnashing of brain cells. 12-08-07...please come soon!!!
Friday, November 9, 2007
Stream of consciousness
Posted by
The one who writes stuff
at
1:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment