Yesterday I got a most unexpected email from a friend with whom I now only keep in touch via Myspace. Evocative of a summer long ago when I was 20 and silly, working an inbound telemarketing gig to pay for college, and clearly cultivating what can only be described as a stellar capacity for alliteration, here is what she wrote...
Monday, June 10, 2002
So I was cleaning out closets, etc. and found a tupperware tub full of stuff from high school and college. I was reading through my old diaries and well, remember when we worked the 4am shift at Convergys? I guess I brought my diary with me and you guys all wrote in it! Marshall, you, Andrea... it's HILAROUS! Here's what you wrote:
" The outlook is bleak; by the time you read this, we'll probably all be dead. Our pathetic call center has been overrun by deranged CEO's and psychotic stockholders who are blaming the implosion of Convergys on the ineptitude of us lowly sales consultants. Okay, so my conversion hasn't been so hot lately. Is that so heinous as to merit a death sentence?? I'm currently cowering in the corner beneath my cubicle. People are screaming. It's dark and I'm afraid. Oh no! The avenging angel of death, Mari Winsor is heading this way! She can eliminate me, but there will be others! Winsor Pilates is a ripoff! Tell the people!! Tell the..... "
I think the only thing I can say to that is "Wow. Who knew working a 4am shift at Convergys could be so comical?" Hooray for keeping journals and sharing the laughs.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Oh, the hilarity
Posted by
The one who writes stuff
at
7:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ME!!!!
YES!!!
You write very well.
Post a Comment