CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 12, 2008

Just breathe

The moment has arrived; the moment overworked students everywhere live for. My last exam was nothing short of aneurysm-inducing, and I'm still contemplating the legal and grade ramifications of running my car through the front door of my professor's law office. Honestly, a 13 page exam for a 2 credit class? Is that his sick idea of a joke? Sadist. People like that deserve to have their faces lit on fire and beaten out with a rake. But since I have neither a car, nor the desire to go to jail, I guess I'll just have to be content with the knowledge that I beat that exam and not the other way around. And here I sit, with absolutely nothing standing between me and an utterly deserved month-long reprieve. There is much to look forward to: sushi dinner tonight, going back to work and actually getting a paycheck again, an extended weekend at the coast, anniversary #2, a relaxing travel-free Christmas, and watching the bloodshot streaks fade from my eyes as survival mode dissipates. I am spent. And I'm not sure I entirely comprehend the enormity of the moment yet. There is now only one semester standing between me, and academic liberation. Can I make it? The answer this morning was no, but now it seems possible once again.

1 comments:

Meradeth Houston said...

Whohoo! Congrats! I'm about 48 hours behind you there, but I can't WAIT. Now if I could just finish up these friggin' exams...

Hope you have an awesome, relaxing break :-)