CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 4, 2009

Tower of Terror

About two weeks ago, I came home from campus to find an obnoxiously large box, sitting innocuously on my doorstep. Upon opening the mystery package, I was at once annoyed and horrified to find "Law School, Reloaded." However, since I was still very much in law school at the time and facing down three exams, I put the bottomless box of misery in the spare room and resolved to look at it later. Well, it has been an entire week since I pressed the submit electronically button on the last law school exam I will ever take, and I am just now summoning the courage to dive back in. I am amazed at how quickly I was able to shake off student mode. I'm fairly certain I've spent 90% of the last week lounging around in my pajamas, planning a spectacular post-bar vacation, and trying my darndest to avoid the appearance of productivity. It has been quite glorious. But the nasty little reality of the underlying elation of graduating from law school is the fact that my shiny new degree means exactly nothing until I pass the bar exam. Yes, the last looming obstacle at the gates of reentry to the land of the living. This reality compels me to refrain from allowing myself to fully acclimate to post-student life. The bar exam is in 85 days. 85 days of living in exam prep mode. Does that photo depress you as much as it depresses me? The stack of books mocks me; daring me to open them, and realize just how much I have failed to retain. Suddenly I'm thinking I should have put off unloading that box for another couple of days...


4 comments:

Meradeth Houston said...

Okay, I'll admit it. I'm trying not to laugh right now. That makes me a terrible person/friend, but I must admit that I am SO glad not to be you right now! I'll be in school longer, never make as much $$, and forever have to endure annoying students, but I'm really glad not to be staring down that pile of books right now!

Unknown said...

I'm glad I recognized signs like this early on and just dropped out before it was too late.

Katie said...

Oh my....the thought of going through all those books after finishing law school would terrify anyone. Good luck studying.

lyndsie said...

Don't worry about it. They look like good bon fire material