Do you ever wonder what possesses people to do some of the things they do? Like incessant knuckle cracking, for instance, or compulsive hair twisting (that's me). Or perhaps leaving bags of dog poo on their own door step? I, too, have often pondered this mystery. Our next door neighbors seem like okay people. They're a young, childless couple, which already scores them bonus points in my eyes, having previously shared an interior wall with a young couple and their ever-screaming newborn. But our new neighbors have a dog. A pug, to be exact. Fortunately, the dog is quiet, so I never really fretted too much over their having it...until a few weeks ago. I started noticing small, green plastic bags sitting next to our neighbors' front door, which, in our shared entryway, is incidentally about two feet away from our front door. The bags would usually appear in the morning, and were usually gone by the time I got home from work. The bags were always tied off though, so we were unable to identify their contents. Scott and I, evoking the spirit of Billy Madison, joked that they were probably bags of poo. After all, they looked suspiciously like the doggie droppings bags that are available at the entrance to the running trail located behind our apartment. But seriously, people don't just leave bags of poo on their doorstep, do they? Of course not, I reasoned. It's not like we're living in a ghetto in Salem anymore; normal people put their dog's business in a trash can, preferably outside, like the dumpster that sits not 30 feet from our collective doorstep. Unfortunately for us, several days ago our neighbor forgot to tie off the bag, and our suspicions were confirmed. They've been leaving bags of their dog's doodie on our doorstep. Every day. And while it does make me laugh to think about setting said bag aflame and doorbell ditching our less than considerate neighbors, does anyone else think it's absolutely not socially acceptable to leave crap (literal) like that on your doorstep? Today I walked out of the house to find a bag of our neighbors' trash sitting on their doorstep. Really? Really. To my lovely neighbors with the lack of formal training in Things You Should Never, Ever Do 101, please take your trash to the dumpster!!! And take your bags of poo with you!
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can just see you attempting to explain to the cops just WHY you lit that bag of dog poo on their doorstep :)
Neighbors, gotta love em. Or hate them. Generally, I little of both!
"But officer, how was I supposed to know it was against the law?" Or maybe I could plead self defense...
Ummm...your neighbors are weird. I can honestly say that even though we are the owners of two dogs, there has never been a bag of poop on my porch.
Post a Comment