"Dear Student,
For 126 years the Willamette University College of Law has educated, served, and led with dedication and distinction. We could not continue to thrive as we do without ongoing support from alumni like you. Your gift to the College of Law Fund preserves the variety of programs and opportunities that distinguish Willamette from other law schools.
In this season of giving, I hope you will take a moment to make a calendar year-end gift to the College of Law Fund.
Plan to contribute by December 31st to receive the tax benefit for 2009.
DONATE NOW
Many thanks and warm wishes for the Holidays"
For 126 years the Willamette University College of Law has educated, served, and led with dedication and distinction. We could not continue to thrive as we do without ongoing support from alumni like you. Your gift to the College of Law Fund preserves the variety of programs and opportunities that distinguish Willamette from other law schools.
In this season of giving, I hope you will take a moment to make a calendar year-end gift to the College of Law Fund.
Plan to contribute by December 31st to receive the tax benefit for 2009.
DONATE NOW
Many thanks and warm wishes for the Holidays"
The alumni donation solicitation email I just received from the law school from which I just graduated, 7 short months ago. Never mind the fact that it's incredibly presumptuous of them to think anyone in the class of '09 even has a job in this tanking economy. Never mind the fact that I hated every last second I spent in that soul crushing mental sweat shop. Never mind the fact that even with a job, I am broke beyond all reason because my student loan bill hovers around $1000 a month. It is my firm and unwavering stance that my mental anguish and emotional distress, and oh yes, the $30,000+ I paid in tuition each year should more than cover my expected contribution to my alma mater. Just to be clear, you will never, ever, ever get another penny from me, ever, so please take me off your "Potential Donor" list, and file me away under the "Disgruntled and Traumatized Former Student We Should Leave Alone" list. And a Happy New Year to you too.
2 comments:
Seriously!!!!! You put it SO well. That is exactly how I feel.
Loved your response!
Post a Comment