To some, being a slacker is a skill that comes naturally. I have never fallen into that category. In high school, I was type-A about getting good grades so I could get into college. I blew that opportunity to really fully enjoy the malady that is senioritis. Ditto for college because I wanted to get into law school. But tell me, is there really any valid reason whatsoever to agonize over grades during your last semester ever? I think it's high time I caught the train to Slackerville. I keep telling myself that I'm not doing my reading assignments because my books are all still in transit. I think that's probably a half-truth, and lurking deeper is conscious rebellion. I could check out my textbooks from the library reserve and spend the next few hours dutifully preparing for the three classes I have tomorrow. Yeah, I could do that. I also could be reading for trial prep, which is the one class I have tonight, but the professor didn't post a first day assignment, so why would I do that? Instead I'm passing the time, getting a good laugh at Ann Coulter's expense, watching her disastrous turn on the Today Show and thinking, "How sweet would it be to be her attorney? I bet she's constantly defending slander and libel lawsuits; I'd pay off these loans in no time!" Yes, that's what I'm doing instead of reading. I'm watching videos, humming music from "Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog" and realizing that I previously had no concept of just how severe senioritis could really be.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
ya know, it's weird, but I got my best grades ever the last semester at BYU and the last semester at Brandeis. Go figure. It's like when I actually don't care as much I relax and do better.
Post a Comment