The bar exam is about a month away, and I can tell the tension is mounting because my brain is no longer respecting the natural bounds between study time and non-study time (i.e. sleep). I've had this happen to me before, usually towards the end of the second week of final exams. It's obnoxious. In the early hours of the morning, my brain will start having some variation of the following schizophrenic conversation with itself. Very loudly. "Hey...are you awake?" "It's 5am, what do you think?" "It's just that I've been having trouble remembering what the seventh way to terminate an easement is. Do you know?" "Are you serious? It's early! Go back to sleep! We have to go to bar review in a couple of hours and it's hard enough to stay awake in that class as it is." "I know, but it's really bothering me. I know there's estoppel, necessity ending, destruction of the servient parcel, condemnation, release, abandonment, merger, and...? " "You really want to talk about Property at 5 in the morning?" "Well, we could talk about Contracts if you want." "That's just it, I don't want to talk about anything even remotely related to the law. Not now, and to be honest, not ever. Go back to sleep!" "I can't. Not until I figure out the last way to extinguish an easement!" "Prescription, you idiot. The answer is prescription. Now can we go back to sleep? Please??" "Oh yeah, I knew that. Thanks for reminding me. But I also had a question about the admissibility of character evidence." At this point, the conversation has actually made sleep impossible, and I'm left with no choice but to lie awake in bed, dreading the start of another day and the dumping of more information into my already beleaguered brain. One more month, right? Just one more month.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Every couple nights or so, you know you pop into my dreams
Posted by
The one who writes stuff
at
12:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment