I'm in love! I'm in love! And I don't care who knows it! Yesterday the newest member of our family arrived and already I find myself wondering how we ever got along without him. Allow me to provide some context. There are few things in this world that make me happier than having a clean house. I am definitely a ridiculously huge neat freak, but I also have a full time job, so when I come home at the end of the day, the last thing I want to do is pick up a second shift as a maid in my own house. The pay for that job is worse than terrible. Therein lies my dilemma. Vacuuming the floors is the quickest way to get the house looking presentable, but at the same time, vacuuming leaves me annoyed and bitter because it is such a waste of my already scarce time. However, the alternative is living with dirty floors, and that is not acceptable either. So this year for Christmas, Scott and I decided to pool the money we received from my grandma (who rocks, by the way), and invest in a little something to make our collective life easier. After some serious shopping around, the all important purchase was made and seven days later, Sonny made his debut at our house. I didn't even have to show him around; I just set him in the living room and he knew exactly what to do. I was a little nervous to leave him alone, so for a little while, I supervised. It was actually quite fascinating to watch him, roaming around in a seemingly aimless manner, blasting dust bunnies and teasing dirt out of long neglected corners. He passed from carpet to tile with ease, and not once did he get stuck on the area rugs. He looped around table legs and swirled by baseboards. While he was busily tidying up the floor, I was free to use my time to do other, more important things, like go to the gym, or as the case was yesterday, watch the Daily Show and check Facebook. After an hour of meandering through each room in our apartment, Sonny strolled right on up to his charging station without any prodding on my part, and settled in to recharge his battery. After a quick quality control inspection, I was oh so happy to discover that our floors have never been so clean (as evidenced by the easy to empty, but shockingly disgusting dirt receptacle). The solution to the clean house conundrum has arrived, and it is awesome. Where, oh where have you been all my life?
Saturday, January 9, 2010
You complete me
Posted by
The one who writes stuff
at
5:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am jealous of Sonny....maybe one day we'll get a vacuum that works all on it's own. So glad it's working well for you.
Haha, that is so funny. Does it actually work?
Oh, it works and it's glorious. If you want to score karma points with your wife, you'll start saving your pennies to buy her one.
Post a Comment