Today was such a long day at work. I spent the last hour working on a problem related to a third party lien and for the life of me, I could not make my numbers match up with the numbers of the settlement. The partner who had given me the assignment was on the phone, so I had to wait to ask him how he came up with the numbers he had given me. I waited...and waited...and waited. And still, the little red light on my phone indicated he was still chatting it up with some judge or client or other random person of more significance than myself. I finally decided to set aside that particular project for the moment and I started pulling documents from another file. From the corner of my eye, I saw the partner approaching my office. Without bothering to look up, I say in my usual, slightly too loud voice, "Are you finally finally finally off the phone? I've been waiting forever to talk to you about this lien. I can't figure out how you got the numbers you did and I need you to show me how you came up with these figures..." When I finally looked up, I saw that he was clutching the mouthpiece of his telephone headset and motioning for me to be quiet...because he was still very much on the phone. Ooooooh, I'm such a winner! In a move right out of the cheesiest cartoon, I stopped mid-sentence and clapped my hand over my mouth as my eyes popped out of my head like tennis balls. He had come to my office to get a file I was working on, and the person on the other end of the phone had been privy to my awesomeness. And let's face it, I am awesome. The attorney whose office is next door to mine saw the entire scene and was failing miserably at containing his laughter. Luckily, my boss saw the humor in the situation and we all had a good laugh about it after he finally finally finally did get off the phone.
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
haha, classic! I'm glad the people you work for/with have a good sense of humor!
Post a Comment