Don't worry, this isn't another rant about how indignant I am about the recent disruption to my five year plan. I'm pretty sure I'm over it. Pretty sure. But yeah, with all the other stuff going on, it was most excellent to have the opportunity to spend an entire evening laughing myself silly. Brian Regan. Is there a funnier person on the planet? Probably not. For our fourth anniversary, I got us a pair of tickets to see Brian Regan when his tour came through Portland. And after several months of anticipation, the big show was last night. So worth it. I was first introduced to the comedy stylings of Mr. Regan while I was in college, during what was probably the very last summer of my life that was devoid of adult responsibilities. Good times had by all. Now I'll occasionally drop a "You too!" or "Take luck" in casual conversation to see if I'm speaking with someone who has an acceptable sense of humor. If they know what I'm talking about, a comical exchange will usually follow. If they don't, I just feel sorry for that person. Their life must be so bleak. So last night, we got to hear some of his new material, which was thoroughly entertaining. But I must say, the best was when, during his encore, he launched into the classic "little league" bit, after some not so subtle urging from the crowd. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prLLabn1vPA FREE SNOW CONE!!! Thank you for giving me something to look forward to. Thank you for making me laugh. And thank you for putting things in perspective. Life is pretty darn hilarious, even when things don't go according to plan.
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That is so awesome that you guys got to do that!! I think he is hilarious. My roommates and I would quote him all the time in college as well. You guys will get to take luck soon, I am sure :)
Love you guys!
Post a Comment