CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thursdays

Scott is back in school after a wonderful three week break in between semesters. It was a much needed reprieve. We put some of our awesome new Christmas gifts to good use (chocolate-filled ebelskivers, anyone?), watched tons of Daria and X-Files, and even assembled the second 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle of our marriage. Good times. But now that Scott has evening classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I find that my time is much less...shall we say, structured...on the nights where I have the house to myself. On a normal night, we both get home from work, have an actual sit down dinner together, catch up on the day's political news courtesy of Jon Stewart and then we hit the books (though only one of us gets to read for pleasure). With Scott in class at this very moment, my evening has instead looked something like this: I stayed late at the office because I was working on a massive project that didn't seem to notice or care when 5:00 rolled around. Besides, there was no one home to care what time I walked in the door. When I finally finished what I was working on, I came home,went for a run and played around on the WiiFit (which is my new favorite toy). When I was done winning virtual hula hoop competitions and mastering the Tree pose, I promptly cancelled out any caloric advantage I might have gained, by raiding the huge bowl of assorted Christmas candy that currently graces our dinner table. But as everyone knows chocolate is not a meal unto itself, so I balanced things out by chasing it with Tabasco-topped popcorn while perusing the latest gossip on Facebook. This is all proof positive that I need to come up with more productive ways to spend my unstructured time. Here are some of the ideas I've considered and decided merit further procrastination... um, I mean consideration: Read. Plan a trip. Study the big fat Spanish grammar book that I have sitting in my nightstand. Begin revisiting all the super fun topics that comprise the legal universe in preparation for my as yet unscheduled but not entirely distant date with the Washington bar exam. Additional suggestions are welcome. But at the top of my list right this second is: Eat chocolate. After all, Dove says chocolate loves unconditionally. And if my chocolate wrapper says it, it can't be wrong.

0 comments: