Another semester is winding down. I wrote up my April calendar last week and it was almost jarring to see written down dates and times for my final exams. I haven't quite gotten into full blown panic mode yet, which is odd because next week is the last week of class before exams. I find that the anxiety-fest starts later and later each semester. I'm sure that's a good thing for my mental wellbeing. Not so sure it's a good thing for my level of preparation. Although if my steadily increasing GPA is any indication, I could use a lot less stress in my life. I think another reason why I'm not convulsing in a corner yet is because of the four exams I have to take, two are open book/open note, three of my classes are not going to be graded on the curve, and I found out today that another one of my exams is going to be flexed, so I can space them out more than I've been able to in the past. That is definitely a good feeling. And the most convincing reason as to why I feel okay about blogging right now, rather than committing to memory when ex parte communications are and are not alright in administrative law. This semester has been so crazy busy. I competed in two moot court competitions, passed the professional responsibility portion of the bar exam, judged rounds in the first year appellate competition, and wrote my third year paper. I get a little overwhelmed just thinking about it all, and yet I find that my incidence of seriously entertaining the notion of dropping out are becoming more infrequent. Don't get me wrong, I will probably consider dropping out until the moment they hand me my diploma. And I'm pretty sure that if I could go back and do it all over again, I really wouldn't have undertaken this particular adventure. However, being where I am now, with just one year to go, I'm really glad I've done something that was this hard; something that not everyone can do. Odd, I know. But in less than a month, I'll be a court-certified 3L, handling real cases at work rather than just trial prep for the attorneys, and I'll have a much deserved respite from this academic insanity. Just don't get me started on next year. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to get 15 credit hours with the classes they're offering in the fall, and keep my job and extracurriculars. For some reason, I've already taken most of the bar courses I need, which means I'm either going to have to take a ton of worthless 2 credit classes, or look into credit options at the business school or the liberal arts school. I'm considering taking another advanced spanish class, just to brush up, but a business class could be useful as well. Like I said, don't get me started. Because I really have no idea. I just know that it feels really good to have gotten to this point.
Thursday, April 3, 2008
It may or may not be the headlamp of an oncoming train...
Posted by
The one who writes stuff
at
6:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment