CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sweatpants...

"Again with the sweatpants?"
"What? I'm comfortable."
"You know the message you're sending out to the world with these sweatpants? You're telling the world, 'I give up. I can't compete in normal society. I'm miserable, so I might as well be comfortable.'"

I used to really love watching "Seinfeld." This was back before we decided to dump our cable TV, but that's another story. In the pilot episode, Jerry and George have the aforementioned exchange, and it popped into my head as I sit here in the library, preparing for exam three of four. It's fascinating to witness the effect finals have on the student population. Usually we all come to school looking, if not dressed to impress, at least neatly groomed. During finals, people start wearing sweatpants...and stop sleeping and showering. Those things take too much time away from studying. It's true though. If you're miserable, you might as well be comfortable. Or as much so as you can muster during this dark, dark hour of mental torture.

0 comments: